Re: 10.10 Beta1 2 Bugs: Remasterys & Network Manager

Am 08.09.2010 16:02, schrieb Pierre Yahoo:
> Julien & Others,
>
> I was very impressed with Lubuntu Lucid... very stable & opened
> everything I threw at it.
>
> 10.10 Beta1:
> Installing Remastersys failed (latest sourceforge version
> 2.0.17-1.deb).  GDebi error: ... did not recognize flags.
See the GDebi Thread. Its a known bug in GDebi use sudo dpkg -i
</path/to/package.deb> to install it.

> Lucid & Maverick Network Manager
> Network Manager (perhaps Applet in LXPanel)
> The only instability issue I had in Lucid (will probably be the same
> in Maverick) is the Network Manager.  It failed to connect to the
> Internet (wired) on a number of occasions.
If network-manager seems to fail you can always try to ditch it and
manually configure network.

> Tried to reinstall and various other things without success.  Now, I
> have no access to Edit and VPN Connection windows (clicking on the
> options does not open the window)... i.e. cannot change anything or
> redo the connection if it fails.
>
> It is a MAJOR PROBLEM as a computer without network access is useless.
>
> Was not able to reinstall... not sure what to reinstall exactly... or
> got message that program was being used.  It is probably a simple fix
> but if you do not know it, you have to reinstall everything.
>
> What and how do I reinstall it exactly (including how and which
> 'program in used' to terminate) to fix this problem?
> Could not seem to find the correct answer in forums.
network-manager-gnome is the package that needs to be reinstalled. If it
isn't working try searching the Ubuntu Bug Tracker for the error that
matches your experience. If you don't find any please report it as a new
bug.