Re: Try to make a conclusion for lxsession-logout and screen locking.

No, your script didn't do the right thing.
If gnome-screensaver is not running, gnome-screen-saver-command
shouldn't be called.
If you do this, gnome-screen-saver will be launched, but nothing will happen.
At the same time it's possible that the user is actually running xscreensaver.

If the user is running xscreensaver, and you call
gnome-screensaver-command, this will result in gnome-screensaver being
launched and xscreensaver being bypassed, which is just the wrong
behavior.

Checking if the screensaver is currently running is necessary.
Relying on failure of their *-command programs is not a reliable solution.
That's why your script is not used directly.