BUG: 10.10 Beta1: MAJOR GRUB ISSUE

Hi all,

Grub does not detect all partitions possibly because a system has both a rescue partition and a main partition for Windows. Happened to me on 2 Vista machines. Reinsalling Vista did not fix the problem. Also tried to reinstall GRUB and update it without success. Also tried and failed with the Vista bootrec commands.

For newbies and many Linux users, this is a worst case horror scenario. People are going to be furious, installing side-by-side and loosing access to Windows totally. Many will never come back to Linux... meaning also less support...

I finally added an entry to grub.cfg (which will be deleted at the next update) but most newbies and many Linux users will not know how to do this. The partition and boot info was there, all GRUB had to do was list it!

THIS ABSOLUTELY NEED TO BE FIXED... BETTER ONE ADDITIONAL ENTRY THAN A MAIN ONE MISSING!

Thanks.  Great Work!
--

Pierre Champagne
pierrewinnipeg@xxxxxxxx