Re: How much available drive space for Lubuntu 10.10?

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:55:05 +0700
Duy Hùng Trần <nguyentieuhau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have tried Ubuntu 10.10 and Lubuntu 10.10 in Virtualbox environment. I'm
> so suprised when Ubuntu says in ubiquity that we need at least 2.6 GB
> available drive space to install Ubuntu and Lubuntu's ubiquity says that the
> available drive space we should have is 3.2 GB. So why the available drive
> space that Lubuntu requires is more than Ubuntu does?

I noticed this but thought nothing more of it at the time.
I’m not really sure what these numbers mean to be honest.  If you take, say, 1GiB of swap from 2,6 GiB you’re not going to get Ubuntu installed.  If you ignore the swap and just install Ubuntu, you’re not going to have much space to store any data never mind install  Flash and the Ubuntu extras so you can listen to music or whatever.
I think the numbers are just put in Ubiquity by the developers and not calculated by it.  So perhaps Julien was just being sensible and allowing space for a working system with swap and some storage space.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net