Re: How much available drive space for Lubuntu 10.10?

Hi,
my guess is that lubuntu is designed to run via

Lubuntu is targeted at "normal" PC users running on low-spec hardware. Such
users may not know how to use command line tools, and in most cases they
just don't have enough resources for all the bells and whistles of the
"full-featured" mainstream distributions.

A Pentium II or Celeron system with 128 MiB of RAM is probably a bottom-line
configuration that may yield slow yet usable system with Lubuntu. It should
be possible to install and run Lubuntu with less memory, but the result will
likely not be suitable for practical use. If you have less than 160 MiB of
RAM, you will need to use the Minimal installation
instructions<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp#Minimal%20Install>.
Please note that especially on lower powered machines (older CPU's) or low
RAM systems, that the installation may seem to 'hang' at about 95%, don't
worry, it has not; it can just take some time (possibly over an hour).

Maybe VB is having a problem with the fact lubuntu runs so lean.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but VB uses a heck of a lot
resources, Ubiquity is the install GUI, this link will give you instructions
for the non ubiquity install
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp/MinimalInstall