Re: Strange (and good) behaviour on Lubuntu 10.04

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 22:58:10 -0300
Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset <jpxsat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi people:
>
> I just want to ask you all: am i the only one that since the last kernel
> actualization for 10.04 is expriencing an increase of battery time of about
> a 30%?? Is it normal that my battery now stand for almost 2 hours and never
> before it passed 1:20???

There are updates to the power management arriving all the time and it would appear you’ve been the lucky recipient of an update that benefits your machine.

> Also very weird, my ram consumption now is about 125RAM... and before it was
> under 90...

Probably due to changes in memory management in the kernel.  Unless it has a detrimental effect I wouldn’t worry about it.  In fact it may be helping the battery as the more 'stuff' in memory means less disk access.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net