Re: Lubuntu 10.10 RMX

Jullien,

The link you posted is new to me.  I started with Lubuntu.net and followed
the link to launchpad were I found the bugs and reported that they affected
me and even reported workarounds that I had found.  But now that I'm
looking,

The three major issues I had and where I found the report.  My posts are at
the last on each bug.

1) Couldn't install from USB:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/522031 Not even sure
if this is the same issue I had.  Maybe I should have started a new one.
 Either way, I think my workaround should be added to the wiki so that it
may help others.

2) Had to add OS prober after install:  I think I suggested that in this
mailing list and it has since been added to a wiki that I can't seem to
find!!  Shouldn't it be on Lubuntu.net??

3) Chorminum doesn't open downloads properly:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-default-settings/+bug/657335
 Again,
I'm not the only one who had this problem. I think the workaround should be
added to wiki and the problem should be fixed.

I will be honest.  I'm finding it hard to keep up with all of the different
places to find answers.  I don't even know how many different wiki pages
I've stumbled on and find launchpad a little overwhelming.  Seems like it's
harder to find the workarounds and answers than it should be.

I just want to find the answers I need to get my system going and a place to
share what I've learned.  I would expect the developers to look at what I've
learned and use it to make Lubuntu better. I'm not trying to be negative.
 I'm not a developer.  I joined the mailing list because I figured this is
how I can best contribute as a user.

Thanks,

Tim