Re: Applications by default : control-center

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:28:43 +0100
Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le dimanche 21 novembre 2010 à 14:29 -0300, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset a
> écrit :
> > I've tested tuquito-control-center on Lubuntu 10.04 and is not
> > lighweight at all: over 40mb (dont remember cpu usage) and launching
> > something takes 3 times longer than going directly to the same icon in
> > "preferences" menu.
>
> Argh, not good :( It's definitely a bad point :(

That’s not so bad, as you wouldn’t/shouldn’t really be running it with anything else running.  As for CPU usage, it uses between 10 and 20% plus the application it calls.  It’s one major concern to me is the pregnant pause between clicking some thing and anything happening, this can be anything from 3-5 secs. on my machine.  I think it is something worth keeping an eye on to see how it develops.
 For now though I think we should stick with LCC.  I would, however, suggest a couple of things to make it better.  This is based on comments by a new user.   Could the tool tips have a bit of an explanation as to what each thing does and if an application isn’t installed could it say so when clicked.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net