Re: wiki pages

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:47:37 +0000
Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Zach,
>
> you are an absolute star. I had set some time aside after the New Year to do
> the transfers.
>
> Many, many thanks.
>
> Phill.

> Hiyas Lubuntueers,
>
> can you go and proof read all of
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation and let us know if
> there are any bits not working. Then we can set up the auto divert from the
> old area and 'comply' with the documentation rules for help pages.

Not gone through it all yet but most of the links appear to go where they’re supposed to.  Corrected a few typos and found the following problems or what I consider to be problems in some cases.  Fell free to discuss.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/CheckCD
Could do with an explanation about where to find the hashes for each release.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/RemoveOldKernels
I’m not sure suggesting removing two out of three kernels is a good idea.  I think you should retain two kernel versions just in case an update borks one.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/AlternateInstall
Update Lubuntu link doesn’t go to the correct page.

Well done all concerned I know what a pain documentation is.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net