Re: Lubunu Screencasts

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 14:43:54 -0000, Leszek Lesner <leszek.lesner@xxxxxx> wrote:

Am Sonntag 02 Januar 2011, um 00:41:22 schrieb Yorvyk:
Interesting idea raised by now3d in IRC

Hi there.  Could I ask if you would consider switching the Adobe Flash
videos to be in the Ogg Theora format and use <video> tag? I looked at
http://lubuntu.net/ but all the videos wouldn't play from Firefox on
Ubuntu.

Not sure how much work this would entail.
Unfortunately my line kept dropping and I didn't get to talk about them not
playing in FF.

The newer ones should run fine in Chromium with chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra
installed. The older ones are unfortunately only avaiable as flv files.
The new videos from 2011 will be encoded in webm (which should be playable in
every browser [FF 4.0 is needed]) + h264 (m4v as blip.tv now converts
automatically to it). As for the video tag. As far as I know chromium is
loading and caching those videos when you add them with the video tag. That would produce high traffic on the server. (blip.tv in that case) So a link to the file would be better I think. Clicking the link should then open up the
video in the internal browser video player.

Thanks for the info Leszek. I just download and play the in Lifrea or Opera and haven't had any problems. I don't know what the problem in FF is (codec missing?) as they work for.

Once again thank you for making these screen-casts, as they are very useful.

Happy New Year to you.:)

--
Steve (Yorvyk)
http://lubuntu.net