Re: Lubunu Screencasts

Am Sonntag 02 Januar 2011, um 00:41:22 schrieb Yorvyk:
> Interesting idea raised by now3d in IRC
>
> Hi there.  Could I ask if you would consider switching the Adobe Flash
> videos to be in the Ogg Theora format and use <video> tag? I looked at
> http://lubuntu.net/ but all the videos wouldn't play from Firefox on
> Ubuntu.
>
> Not sure how much work this would entail.
> Unfortunately my line kept dropping and I didn't get to talk about them not
> playing in FF.

The newer ones should run fine in Chromium with chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra
installed. The older ones are unfortunately only avaiable as flv files.
The new videos from 2011 will be encoded in webm (which should be playable in
every browser [FF 4.0 is needed]) + h264 (m4v as blip.tv now converts
automatically to it). As for the video tag. As far as I know chromium is
would produce high traffic on the server. (blip.tv in that case) So a link to
the file would be better I think. Clicking the link should then open up the
video in the internal browser video player.