Benchmarking of Lubuntu themes (was: Re: Fwd: Ozone theme available for testing )

Rafael,

On 02/17/2011 12:31 AM, 神癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna) wrote:

> Because informatics is a science, we need comparatives and data
> fidelity.

Agreed.

> http://gianvito.wordpress.com/2008/02/20/gtk-engines-benchmarks-whats-the-fastest/2/

Because we need good data, and this blog entry is from back in 2008, it
is not really useful in 2011. Software changes quite fast in the Linux
and Ubuntu world, so three years is a long time.

Therefore, I suggest that you run a decent set of benchmark tests in
Lubuntu, for each theme of interest, and document exactly how to run
them along with you results (so that others can verify the results).
Then, we will actually have some appropriately current and relevant test
data to compare :)

You may find some of the benchmarks in the Phoronix test suite useful to
you as you do this research.  See http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

Thanks for caring enough about being "scientific" to do this testing,

Jonathan