debconf bug?

Hi people:

Installing Lubuntu 10.04 to a friend, i watched something strange while
upgrading the system:

debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Gnome
debconf: (Unable to load Gnome... is libgnome2-perl installed?)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Dialog

And after this it continues to install the package. But the system prints
this message for every package to install...

Julien: could it be possible to use by default the frontend "Dialog" to do
this?

If this is already solved, please don't shout at me ;) (i've made a quick
search in my mails and it doesn't apear)