Re: debconf bug?

2011/2/18 Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>

So, according to you it doesn't affect that each time a package is installed
or uninstalled the system tries to find something and fails: this is a
process that sure last less than a second... but Lubuntu is for old-spec
hardware, so "here", "less than a second" can be a second for "other person"
with older hardware (and multiplied for each package you're
un/installing...).
And so, everybody here knows that Lubuntu doesn't include Gnome... that's
why a call for something gnome-called looks bad.

The process automatically falls back to the frontend "dialog"... i'm just
saying that if it's possible, this should be done by default in Lubuntu.