Re: Lubuntu Natty Alpha 3 released

I did a quick review and found a problem in lxappearance.
The Xft antialias stuff is not as easy as it looks like.
See this page: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/ScreenFontSettings
There is no common standard for this and things are totally in a mess.
The most cross-toolkit and cross-desktop way seems to be using Xrm.
Since gtk+ uses cairo, it might support Xrm, too.
But using gtkrc and XSettings can get the config dynamically applied
in gtk+ applications.
I'm not sure if Xrm works for Qt4. IIRC Qt4 doesn't use Xft.
Anyway, if possible I don't want to do it in a gtk+ specific way.
Any thoughts or comments?