Re: Audio players - some thoughts & RFC

Am Samstag 12 März 2011, um 18:31:14 schrieb 神癒礁湖 "(Rafael Laguna)":
> And no, you're right, this is NOT a democracy. I mean, the audio player
> has its own discussion (where everybody in this list voted their
> suggestion). But there's one thing we cannot forget, the technical
> details about RAM consumption, the space needed in the ISO, the license
> of the included product in a third party release, the update schedule
> and availability of packages, etc.
>
> Believe when I tell that the coordinator of this project, Julien, is
> doing the best for keeping Lubuntu as efficient and attractive as
> possible. And I think we could demonstrate some empathy and trust for
> him.
Not only for him, but also respect the decision already done by the community
(the audio player was voted if I am not wrong)

Also bear in mind, changing the audio player or default applications is
nothing that should change every release. Especially as upgrades from older
releases tend to keep their versions of audio player.
AudioPlayers and Webbrowsers are the two most discussed topics here in the
mailinglist when it comes to default applications, but that is normal for a
distribution that young. The most important is that those discussions don't
interfere the development of the overall distribution and that is something
Julien just like we all here in the community have to look at and should take
responsibility for.