Re: disk space need

I just finished trying to install Lubuntu Natty Alpha3 on a very small
partition. The results are as follows:

   - with 1800 MB, the installer fails with "not enough disk space"
   - with 1900 MB, the installer reports success, but after rebooting it is
   impossible to log in to the X environment: the screen blinks, and I'm
   presented with the login screen once again. In a text-only terminal
   (Ctrl+Alt+F1 works normally) I'm able to login, but further work is
   impossible. "df -h" reports no free space at all.
   - with 2000 MB, the installation and log in both succeed, but "df -h"
   reports just 70M of free space, which is IMHO well below minimum required to
   do anything substantial.

Thus, I think 3 GB disk is probably the _practical_ minimum for a Lubuntu
Natty system. Too bad it almost doubled since 10.04 :(

Regards,
Mikhail Maksimov

PS The installer's disk editor uses "decimal bytes" so an "MB" in my report
should be read as 1000000 bytes. If the disk is 2*(1024^3) bytes, you'll get
some 70*(1000*1000) bytes more to work in Natty, provided the system has
enough RAM to not use swap partition :(