Re: Any major "must fix before Beta" issues left in Lubuntu?

> It needs to be a base system + X11 Otherwise it won't work.
> The other problem is the enormous effort and work we need to put in such a
> project. (e.g. I can promise you lots and lots of bugs, and yes I created an
> installer for ZevenOS-Neptune on my own, so I have a little experience in
> this)

Sorry I didn't meant to suggest adding more work by writing our own installer.

> My suggestions just promote the alternate install cd for everyone who can't
> use the graphical (live) installer. Maybe we can one day also use the debian-
> live-installer (which is basically the textinstaller from debian but able to
> run and install from a live system) as an alternative to ubiquity.
> The problem I see from switching from ubiquity to X would be that lubuntu will
> never become an official flavor of ubuntu. (even kubuntu uses ubiquity under the
> hood and only created a kde'ish interface for it)

I think the idea of promoting the alternate might work, maybe make it
an equal of the ubiquity installer in LubuntuLand instead of a poor
cousin as far as website space and documentation? This would also mean
that there is no extra work in making it happen but still provides all
the information for those wanting a light weight installation.

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris