Re: lubuntu-11.04.iso (wubi support?)

On 04/30/2011 01:35 AM, Leo Allen wrote:

> I have made several attempts to install, and am currently seeding.
> However, I have been unseccessful with install - .iso only lists
> wubi for Ubuntu 11.04, Ubuntu Netbook, Kumbutu, Xumbutu, etc....

Thanks for reporting this issue.

However, I did not know that Lubuntu supports wubi installation.  Did
you test any of the Lubuntu 11.04 alpha or beta releases using wubi?
Did they work fine that way?  Do we currently document that Lubuntu
supports wubi installation anywhere?  Did earlier (10.04 or 10.10)
Lubuntu releases support this?

I think you will find that the lubuntu-11.04.iso image works as a normal
LiveCD or Ubiquity-based grapghical installer.  I do not think it was
intended to work as a WUBI installer.  If it was, then I don't remember
that capability being tested during alpha and beta releases.

> In other words, this .iso only appears to be the typical Ubuntu .iso.

The file lubuntu-11.04.iso is definitely an Lubuntu ISO.  Try using a
more commonly used installation method, not wubi, and you are likely to
make more progress with it, I think.

If Lubuntu 11.04 really *should* support wubi, then most likely its
current failure to do that is a bug.  In that case, we will probably
need to correct this issue somewhere in our ISO build script in future.
 It is even possible this issue will "fix itself" once we transition to
using the official Ubuntu ISO build infrastructure.

Jonathan