Re: Propose to use cairo-compmgr in Lubuntu

Le Sunday 01 May 2011 à 09:12 +0200, Roy Alayn a écrit :
> Propose to
> use cairo-compmgr in Lubuntu to give basic stationery, I'm using an
> oldlaptop with very few resources, and I
> doing very well besides that is very stable and does not need graphics
> card
> work.

There are several problem about this use :
- cairo-compmgr doesn't seem to be maintained by its author (not updated
since 6 mouths).
- It needs good support in the drivers, which is not always the case for
old graphics card.
- It's not really the target of Lubuntu, because it adds some weight
without adding essential features. It's like adding compiz, it's very
nice, but do we really need it ?
- It's also not part of Ubuntu repository. Someone need to package it
before considering its inclusion.

I thought it could be a good idea to have it in the repository, as an
option, for people who want more "bling". But, as it doesn't seem
maintained, I don't think it's still a good idea to package it.