Re: system requirements (workaround created!)

2011/5/2 Jeremy Bicha <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>

> Be careful about how low you set the number. It can make it difficult
> to install any additional software and likely more worrying, it can be
> impossible to upgrade if there is not space to download and unpack the
> updates.

I think that the important thing for an old computer (i don't think that
this problem could exist on new hardware) is to be able tu run some office
apps, surf the internet and be able to be a stable post; this said, i don't
think that for that would be required a Lubuntu-very-hard apps modification
(the selection of apps for this is perfect).
In my experience i leave in my laptop a 6gb partition for the system and it
runs just fine (with 4gb free, sort of). But i have very different apps for
lubuntu, and i'm always erasing old kernels and cleaning app data for
install (just because i don't like junk being around).
Conclude yourselves.

Ps: is there a way to launch periodiquelly "sudo apt-get clean" on lubuntu?
also why it keep all the kernels? that's tones of hard disk space for a
little hard drive... maybe lubuntu should have a way to do a little cleaning
:)

jpxsat