Re: system requirements question, 5.4 gb of free space needed?

On 04/30/2011 11:17 PM, Leszek Lesner wrote:

>> The installer says I need 5.4 gb free space to install.

> This seems to be a bug (or mistake) ...

I agree; this issue is made worse because there is no obvious or easy
way to tell the installer "I know what I am doing, install anyway" if it
does not see 5.3GB of disk space.

Has anyone come up with a hack to allow that yet?

There is a file within the Lubuntu 11.04 ISO called
casper/filesystem.size but it seems to be unchanged since 2010-09-06 and
I don't yet know what if anything actually uses it :)

If noone else has any clues, I'll try to make time to read the ubiquity
code that handles this 5.3GB size checking and track it backwards to
where the number comes from... but that's more Lubuntu-related work than
I will have time for this weekend :)

Unless we are all missing some really obvious way to get around the size
check, we should file a launchpad bug (against ubiquity in Lubuntu?) and
start tracking this issue more formally.

Jonathan