Strange issue of unwanted jpeg in terminal window

Hi,

Further weirdness. A picture jpeg that I viewed in my firefox browser is
now showing up when I open a terminal?! The terminal opens and a
fragment of the picture is in the terminal background window. Also as
I'm browsing the web this picture will show up in the firefox window
like half obscuring the window. It's really bizarre! I rebooted and it
stopped. I'm doing a lot of LAMP localhost intense work on my laptop,
testing pages with a local LAMP stack - using Lighttpd instead of
Apache... The Lubuntu 10.10 seems to progressively having strange issues
which rebooting seems to temporarily fix...

Thanks,

Lee G.