Re: Uninstalled package asks for updates in update manager

Lee,

On Tue, 03 May 2011 12:37:18 -0700 "Lee Gold" <leegold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> /etc/apache2
> /etc/apache2/conf.d
> /etc/apache2/conf.d/javascript-common.conf
> /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf

I'd say you could safely delete these, since they are not doing
anything useful.

> /etc/php5/apache2
> /etc/php5/apache2/.start

And these, for the same reason.

> /var/lib/update-rc.d/apache2

That's an interesting one... you might want to see what it is and move
it somewhere safe... it is not directly installed by any Ubuntu (natty) package,
according to apt-file.  So I do not know who or what created it...

> giga1@giga1:~$ dpkg -l apache\* libapache\* |grep ^ii

This means that you do not have any apache-related packages on your
machine.

What exactly *are* you seeing when you try to update that makes you
think you do?  Maybe you can email us the output of:

  sudo apt-get -s update

so we can see exactly what it is trying to update?  The -s does a
"simulate", so it will not really update anything.

Jonathan