Benefits of Lubuntu being official (was: Re: Ask Mark session )

On 05/04/2011 05:37 PM, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset wrote:

> May I ask just one silly question? (and excuse me for doing it):
> What Lubuntu (or the team) will gain by becoming an official part of
> the family?

As well as the expected "publicity and marketing" benefits, at a
technical level we would be able to use the official Ubuntu build
infrastructure for creating our ISOs, and official test setups for
tracking which tests have been done on which builds of Lubuntu.

It should also mean that other developers and packagers within the
Ubuntu world need to "take Lubuntu seriously" and not do anything that
will break Lubuntu (like doubling the amount of calculated disk space
needed just 3 weeks before release, and then not providing any way for
the user to say "I know what I am doing" to get past the disk size check!).

There are probably other benefits too, these are just the things that I
am hopeful for and can remember right now :)

Jonathan