old computers

Hiyas,

I do recall one of the Lubuntu guys some time back saying that he had access
to some older computers from within the UK (Shipping charges from abroad are
prohibitive).

Sii   http://www.thesii.org/ (I'm sorry it is not fully done, I am still
awaiting the full charter in USA for it being a registered institute under
Rule 1 and 3 of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charitable_organization#United_States )

They are looking for about 6 computers that could run XP (that is the spec,
not the OS!) , they need not be the highest class in the world as they would
be joined together in a little server cluster. I've forgotten who it it said
who could source some. My parents [1] will pay the collection of them and
delivery as long as you package them up well to go through the parcel
system.

Oh, and by the way, these are the same parents[1] stumping up the $250 -
$500 for the installation of a new area on a dedicated server for any ubuntu
team to use (Heck, it was only about $14,000 for the 10 year deal [Derrick
bought that] on which there will be a ubuntu 10.04LTS server fully hardened
(by bodhi).
Along with teaching areas for free whilst you are learning. It costs an
horrendous $15 / year once you make a profit. We may have been 'bumped'
upstream, but as a team we want to help.

@UK, anyone got some some spare kit?

If any one as has any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Phill.
[1] A commercial site that all of the F/OSS people helped me on and I
eventually got to http://mgjuddltd.co.uk/conformance.php

ttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw>