Hibernate / Suspend not working properly on Lubuntu 11.04

Hello guys,
in my lubuntu 11.04 if I click on the shutdown icon on the bottom right of the bottom panel and then:
- I choose *suspend* -> it properly stops my pc but NOT its fans which continue on going at the same speed.It properly resume the supsended session if I click something.
- I choose *hibernation* -> it writes some error on the screen like[some number] codec write timeout, status = 0x660repeated more times, and then it stops my pc, but at the next restart of lubuntuit starts normally with no restored session.I've got 2Gb of ram and a swap of 10Gb, the swap is correctly formatted,listed on /etc/fstab and mounted.
Cheers

Non temiamo alcun confronto: Tiscali ha l'Adsl più veloce d'Italia!
Risparmia con Tutto Incluso Light: Voce + Adsl 20 mega a soli 17,95 € al mese per 12 mesi.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/telefono-adsl/prodotti/tc/tuttoincluso_light/?WT.mc_id=01fw