Re: Call for review: PCManFM is almost ready for a new release.

Le Sunday 12 June 2011 à 01:21 +0800, PCMan a écrit :

> A new release as 0.9.9 is required. Please help review and test the code in git.
> Thanks a lot.

Thanks PCMan. So far, It's working nice on L/Ubuntu 10.10.

Some comments :
- Please bump the soname of your library each time you change your API.
Distributions can do smooth transitions between versions of
libfm/pcmanfm. Also, if you expect other applications to use libfm, you
need to use the soname.

- Is it possible to force a reload when you do any operations on a
remote place ? When I create a file on my sftp place, I expect that it
appears on pcmanfm after the creation. Monitoring is not needed, but any
user interactions should affect what pcmanfm shows.

-  I'm not sure having the tabs above the sidebar is good. I personally
prefer to have them just above the main window, like Nautilus do. But
maybe other people like this behavior ?

- Don't hesitate to do releases often, it's better for distributions :)
Even if bugs are discovered shortly after the release, you can still do
a quick X.X.1 release to fix this.