Re: Summarize of proposed changes on applications by default

This is about my reasoning also for proposed changes.

I also think that LXDM this cycle makes sense, my concern would be that the
other proposal involves LightDM with LXDM as a fall back. I'm concerned this
may be an undue strain on our limited devs. That 12.04 is an LTS, we can be
pretty confident that extra resources are going to be available from the
whole Ubuntu dev people. I've said it before and will repeat, the release
prior to an LTS is a 'stable beta', regardless of how it is called. If the
Devs are confident that they CAN get LightDM up and running 100% for 11-10,
then by all means go for it. That call is really up to the devs.

X-chat.... I've nothing against it (regardless what people may think!). If
we need disk space on the CD for language packs etc. then dropping X-Chat
and relying on pidgin will, at least, give people the ability to access IRC.
X-Chat is far superior on IRC, but when we are squeezed for space and low
bandwidths etc? Crikey, i recall us discussing the alternate installation
and GUI installation both being able to fit on one iso.

For the leafpad Vs Gedit Vs Libre.. Again, I would ask for the smallest one
in terms of disk space and CPU / RAM requirement. Those with quad core
machines and 4GB+ of RAM can add on what they wish. This has always been a
point I make to people considering Lubuntu. It is a 'lean, mean, keen and
green' version - But it is no way a 'cut-down and crippled' version of the
ubuntu family. Put onto it your favourite programmes (Full LAMP server and
Bluefish etc. are some the additions I made).