Re: Leafpad 0.8.18.1 packaged -- testing wanted

On 06/23/2011 06:53 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> I've popped it onto my 11.04 VM loads okay :)

> I'll give it some general usage. Anything in particualr you'd like me
> to check for you?

Handling of UTF-8 multibyte characters, especially in search and
replace, seems a bit suspect based on a recently filed bug and some very
quick tests I did, but I think it is no worse than in the earlier
release... just slightly different :)  If there are any new bugs in this
area, they are likely to be "upstream" issues in leafpad itself, but I'd
like to know about them and understand them better (and try to check
they are not somehow being caused by my reworked packaging!).

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/leafpad for bugs to see if
you can duplicate, and maybe especially play around with bug #800059 and
see what you can break in that general area.

Thanks,

Jonathan