Re: Call for review: PCManFM is almost ready for a new release.

On 06/23/2011 06:06 AM, Martin Bagge / brother wrote:

> For debian this is RC and will possibly prevent pcmanfm from being
> included in the stable release.

Well, it appears to have been there for a while, both the xml-purge.c
one and then gseal-gtk-compat.h ones are there in the Debian pcmanfm
0.98-1 packages that are in wheezy, and in the 0.97-1 packages that are
in squeeze, which *is* Debian stable.

If was OK when squeeze was released, why is it RC now?

Anyway: we can fix (4) by editing debian/copyright to state the
copyright info for that one file.

Adding a copyright to autogen.sh is something PCMan would need to do,
since he wrote it (I presume).

I do not know how to fix the lack of copyright and licence in
xml-purge.c, because I have no idea who wrote it.  If PCman did, then he
can add a licence and copyright notice to it, too.

>> AUTOMATED PACKAGE BUILDS:

>> I have made good progress with this, and expect there will be test
>> packages automatically showing up in my ppa:jmarsden/lubuntu in a few
>
> I have been working on getting better shape of the server that hosts the
> buildbot. I was thinking about adding a auto export at the end of each
> successful build. The plan is also to get the code tree updates to
> trigger builds (I do them by hand at the moment).

Sounds good.  Right now my automated pcmanfm package builds for Ubuntu
are apparently working OK, see ppa:lubuntu-dev/lubuntu-daily i.e.
https://code.launchpad.net/~lubuntu-dev/+archive/lubuntu-daily

Jonathan