Re: 700 mhz laptop with 256 ram running lubuntu

Le Monday 04 July 2011 à 18:48 -0400, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset a
écrit :
> Question to the devs: do you think that maybe one day the
> optimizations could make a nice and usable system (say "Lubuntu")
> running with the requeriments that Win98 did? I'm talking about less
> that 150Mhz and less than 50Mb Ram...

For the 50 Mb of RAM, maybe not "out-of-the-box", but maybe in the
futur, when it will be easier to disable more services, and with some
optimizations. And of course, if nothing from the outside add more
weight :) But for now, we are just trying to maintain the actual
situation :)

For the 150 MHz, difficult to say, it's really ... slow and old :) I had
this type of computer when I was a kid :)