ntp too chatty

Hi,

Using Lubuntu 11.04. I want to limit ntp activity. I see continuous ntp
activity like Ive never seen before. Of course I want it checked but I
want to control what sites and only at boot time and at reasonable
intervals. The ntp activity is unlike anything I've ever seen and I've
looked at it in previous editions and I'd classify it as crazy now. I
tried going into ntp.conf and commented out these two lines- it seemed
like it would help from the description above them - but ntp is still
way too chatty for my taste. How do I control this?

# By default, exchange time with everybody, but don't allow
configuration.
# restrict -4 default kod notrap nomodify nopeer noquery
# restrict -6 default kod notrap nomodify nopeer noquery

Thanks

                          wherever you are

Follow ups