How to get an app to autostart in Lubuntu

Hi, Using Lubuntu 11.04.

I put xfce4-clipman in my rc.local file hoping that would make it start
when I boot. Though I installed this program with Synaptic it does not
show in any menu and does not autostart at boot as I would like it to. I
can start it via command line or with run Alt-F2...

I think rc.local is the wrong place to start it from and it does not
start with rc.local. I think rc.local is more for processes that need to
start as root(?) unlike xfc4-clipman. In any event, how to I get
xfce4-clipman ( a clipboard manager) to autostart and hopefully appear
in the panel tray at boot? Lubuntu is not automatically "picking it up."

Thanks