Launcher/icon stays highlighted (in focus?) after the associated app opens

Hi,

Lubuntu has this action that I don't see in other flavors. If desktop
icons/launcher is clicked to open it - the launcher/icon stays
highlighted (in focus?) after the associated app opens. This has caused
unwanted multiple windows to open and many things to be deleted I don't
want deleted. I think focus on the icon should be released after the
window opens. This never happens with other flavors. An activity like a
double click/open does not imply a selection to persist - but that's
what's happening.

Thanks.

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...