Power-manager application problem

Hi,

I discovered that gnome-power-manager (the program we use for power
management) needs now gnome-settings-daemon, which is a central piece of
GNOME desktop. There is a high risk than it will interfere with
lxsession, the settings daemon of LXDE.

The best solution is to switch to the XFCE one : xfce4-power-manager. It
doesn't have GNOME depends, and I read somewhere [1] than it's behavior
is a bit better on a non-GNOME and non-XFCE environnement. Bad news, it
will need xfconfd, the daemon which deal with XFCE settings, running in
the background. It means that we will have xfconf, gconf and eventually
dconf (each 2.5 Mb of RAM), + more XFCE library.

The 2 solutions are not optimal, but the 2nd seems less problematic,
maybe fixable in the long term.

If there are no complain about this, I'll do the switch next week.

Any comments are welcome.

[1]: (In French)
http://vincent.bernat.im/fr/blog/2011-gnome-power-manager.html

Follow ups