Re: USC

Le Saturday 30 July 2011 à 17:03 +0200, Stefano a écrit :
> hi, i had a look to the ubuntu-software-center branch, my consideration are:
> 1 - the branch is not so clear (imho)
> 2 - USC uses app-install-data, wich was part of gnome-app-install, an
> "old" gnome package-installer
>
> if we want a light USC we have to remove:
> * Reviews
> * Votes
> * apps for purchase (and Ubuntu One logger)
> * History of installed-removed packages (maybe not)
>
> really i don't know where to start

I did a quick modification to software center trunk to isolate the
interested parts :
https://code.launchpad.net/~gilir/+junk/software-center-lxde

You need to look at 2 files :
software-center-lxde
softwarecenter/ui/gtk/appmini.py

There is a #TODO on appmini.py to start drawing the UI. Sorry, I can't
help more since I'm not familiar with USC code, you need to look at it
to find any useful functions needed for your UI.