Re: [Lxde-list] About GTK2 -> GTK3 Migration, a critical issue

2011/8/15 Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:20:30 +0200
> Andrea Florio <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Actually only those packages doesn't build with gtk3:
>>
>> gpicview libfm pcmanfm lxmusic lxpanel
> I made some local changes on gpicview, it should build with GTK3, but it's still not working (segfault on loading image). I'll commit it to trunk when I'll be back home.

That's good, thanks

> For lxmusic, somebody needs to do the work, as Lubuntu doesn't use lxmucic, we don't plan to work on it.

Seriously? why don't contribute the the entire project? i guess that
sentences like this one are making you loose some users.. that's a
piece of an email i received recently from a former lubuntu user:

"I got fed up with that Ubuntu way of treading on everything and
looking only to its own interests that the Lubuntu developer started
to show after his distribution received support from Canonical"

and also

"I was referring to the way Julien Lavergne started uploading broken
code to the git repo and then just ignored the fixes."

I believed we were working on a common project that is LXDE, and them,
just customizing it to make it fit our distro specific needs.. but any
way, that's not the place for such an argument.

> Andrea, do you try to use GTK3 components on openSUSE ? For me, I had some improvements on CPU usage using lxtask GTK3, vs the GTK2 version. I wonder if you saw similar behavior on openSUSE ?

well, i actually tested it to check if there was any crash or issues,
but i didn't pay much attention on that. I can try to give it a deeper
look next time. What i actually saw, is that seems all gtk3
applications doesn't get a gtk3 theme, but maybe is just my
installation.