Re: About GPicView

Hello,
what about contacting the XFCE people to work on one lightweight image viewer?Xubuntu discussed about Ristretto because it isn´t very good and they also looked at replacing it with Gpicview.Maybe if we combine resources we end up with something better then both Gpicview and Ristretto.
-Glenn

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:00:15 +0800
From: pcman.tw@xxxxxxxxx
To: Lxde-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; lxde-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; lubuntu-desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; pcmanfm-develop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Lubuntu-desktop] About GPicView

Hi everyone,As the original author and prior maintainer of GPicView, I'd like to ask for some comments from users and other developers. Since I no longer have the time to maintain GPicView and it still has many problems. I consider dropping GPicView in LXDE and replace it with a better one.

Viewnior is a lightweight and feature-rich image viewer which I think is better than gpicview and it also meets the goals of LXDE.http://xsisqox.github.com/Viewnior/

It has very good balance between resource usage and feature set. Please give it some tests and gave me some feedback.I'd suggest replacing GPicView with Viewnior in LXDE. Any objections?