Re: [Lubuntu-Desktop] Sound Editing Software

2011/8/17 Tim Bernhard <ohiomoto@xxxxxxxxx>

> I've had to adjust the mic balance in alsamixer to get the mic working on
> my last few laptops.  Seems to be a bug were both channels can't be at full
> volume.  It's pretty common for people trying to use Skpe with
> Acer/Gateway/Packard Bell laptops needing to do this.  A quick internet
> search might help.
>
> Also, there is a toggle in alsamixer to turn lines on and off.  I think it
> worked with my hardware.
>
> I know it's just a workaround.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
>
> Tim

Thanks Tim, i've take a look at it but finally it seems that it's something
with Lubuntu + Pulseaudio (or just pulseaudio?)... removing pulseaudio makes
audacity to work again and the levels can be set to 100% again.

Ps: does anyone have a clue why if i install pulseaudio the sound of
everything in my laptop is better?

--
jpxsat