Thoughts from 8.10

Hi people.
Has any one tried an old ubuntu lately? lets say for example 8.10? Its damn
fast!
Don't understand why from there ("here" in my case) Ubuntu is demanding so
"many" resources... i imagine 8.10 versioned as Lubuntu: it would be
awesome!
For starts, the theme (Human) renders very fast and apps open quite fast
too: there's the old "add/remove applications" that renders quite well too
(maybe its worth a look at the code for LSC?) and in general it behaves
quite smooth.
I'm just saying: this old OS works very fast, and I really don't know why...
but maybe the Lubuntu devs could have an explanation for it and maybe
improve Lubuntu this way.

--
jpxsat

Follow ups