From: Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Lubuntu-desktop] Lubuntu Alternate CD images exist -- please test!
To: "lubuntu-desktop" <lubuntu-desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 12:34 PM

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily/current/oneiric-alternate-i386.iso

Thanks to some recent work by Colin Watson on this, specifically for
Lubuntu, we now have automatically created daily Lubuntu Alternate CD
images.  These should install on low RAM machines more easily than the
Live CD images do.

They are very very new.  Please test, and report your results.  These
images are a BIG benefit of our using the official build system this
cycle, requiring zero additional effort for us to generate them.

Incidentally, if anyone has PowerPC hardware available, testing the
daily PowerPC builds, both LiveCD and AlternateCD, would be good.

Jonathan