Re: Lubuntu Website and Facebook Page

@Mario

Hi and thanks for your reply, I appreciate that.

Posting to Lubuntu Page on Facebook is open but not the access as an admin.
I do believe that daily interaction with people/users is very important
IMHO. When was the last time Lubuntu Page posted an update? April 29, 2011
at 1:57PM. IMHO, that is one of the reasons why Lubuntu is not yet one of
the top 10 on distrowatch.com.
I do LOVE Lubuntu and I want to see it on top 10 and that won't be easily
achieved if people don't know about it.

Linus Torvalds, father of the Linux kernel, has had a lot of experience in
> project management and leading a diverse group of developers. Last week he
> shared some insight as to what goes into managing a large project and some
> of the issues to avoid. One of the gems he share is, "...even if you wrote
> 100% of the code, and even if you are the best programmer in the world and
> will never need any help with the project at all, the thing that really
> matters is the users of the code. The code itself is unimportant; the
> project is only as useful as people actually find it.

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20111003#news

The above quote by Linus himself is really useful and we need to think
deeply about it. The guy is right and I do agree with him. SliTaz is much
lighter than Lubuntu and if people will find it and use it more than
Lubuntu, it might be one of the top 10. Excuse me if I'm not an expert
technical guy or a developer or Linux Guru but as one of Lubuntu Member, I
find one of my main responsibility to improve Lubuntu and see it in a better
position and I'm telling you, this OS has ALL the potential to be one of the
top 10 if not top 5.

Access to the lubuntu website will be given to long term active members.

In that case, and if someone so addicted and in love with Lubuntu, what
should he/she do?
How am I suppose to help? the website never got updated since the first time
I've seen it and that was long time ago. If there are some updates, it's
hard to notice. I'm sorry, but I feel like I'm offering my help and someone
else doesn't want that.

@Rafaell

Yep, think so. I'm asking about it a few time ago. I'd like to change the
> buttons, colours and other things to match corporative image *(Canonical
> people told me we were a bit "lazy", I told them we were a bit "alone")*.

I'm not surprised why they would call us lazy and I hate to be called "lazy"
because I'm not and we are not. BUT YES, we seem to be alone because we
didn't change that fact. IMHO, I don't see we are alone. How many members in
this mailing list? I guess above 700 but I don't see much action.
I don't think we are alone if we decide not to be. This is a community
project and each and every input from each and every member will surely make
a difference.

Sorry Rafaell but I have no access to any of these pages.

You are doing a great job by the way, I like your works :)

@everyone

Forgive me if I'm over reacting but I DO LOVE Lubuntu and I'd like to see
more users and more action and OH YES we can do that in no time :)

--
Best Regards,

*A.J
amjjawad*