Re: Extend desktop across dual monitors -- a feature I would like to see in Lubuntu 12.xx

Le 10/07/2011 06:13 AM, PCMan a écrit :
> For the desktop panel:
> 1. one panel per monitor, configured separately
> 2. one panel exending to the external monitor
> 3. one panel staying on main monitor, no panel on the external one
> 4. one panel exending to the external monitor, but have the most
> important panel applets on the main monitor, and the rest on the
> external monitor
> 5. Other possibilities...
>
> For the desktop icons manager, options are:
> 1. icons on main monitor only.
> 2. some icons on main monitor, others on the external monitors. (Then
> how to handle icon rearrangement when the external monitor is
> disconnected?)
> 3. others...
>
> For wallpaper:
> 1. one wallpaper per monitor
> 2. one wallpaper extending to all monitors
> 3. others...
I think it's a good idea to collect usages of dual monitor users first.

For example, I use dual monitors on a desktop computer like this :
- I have one main screen, where I mainly works and stay focus on it.
- I expect to have on this main screen the panel and the icons
- I doesn't matter where is the wallpaper :)
- I don't plan to plug and unplug my monitors :)

But, when you use it as a laptop user, it's probably different
(presentation, frequently plug and unplug ...).

Regards,
Julien