Re: [Lubuntu 12.04] No LTS

Hi,

Le 10/24/2011 04:55 PM, Pierre Gobin a écrit :

> I wanted to react about the fact that Lubuntu 12.04 will not be a LTS
> version. I think it is a really bad news. Is there really no chance
> that Lubuntu 12.04 be a LTS version ? Is the work too hard to maintain
> a version during 3 years ?
Well, we don't really have the choice. Currently, I can't guarantee than
we will have people to maintain Lubuntu during 3 years. 3 years, it's
long, and we have barely enough devs to maintain current releases.

Previous LTS releases were Ubuntu and Kubuntu, because they had enought
devs on Ubuntu side (Ubuntu Desktop team and Kubuntu Team) and enough on
upstream team (GNOME and KDE). There are also companies support which
make easier the long term support.

However, as 12.04 will be a LTS for Ubuntu, we will do our best to
maintain as much as we can this release, as long as we can, but I can't
ensure the 3 years support.

I hope I answer your question.