Re: New LXKeymap version with autostart support

Hello Leszek,

Kindly have a look at this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1874069

Thanks!

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Leszek Lesner <leszek.lesner@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I got a lot of requests to implement an autostart feature for
> lxkeymap I did it.
> LXKeymap 0.5 is now capable to store its keymap configuration into a
> file that it reads out during autostart.
> Therefore I wrote a little *.desktop file that I put in the global
> /etc/xdg/autostart which contains the new command "lxkeymap -a" to
> trigger the autostart function of lxkeymap. The Keymap configuration
> will be stored locally in your home directory ( ~/.config/lxkeymap.cfg)
> and is easily editable either by using lxkeymap and set a new keymap or
> by editing it by hand.
> You can get this version from here:
>
> http://content.wuala.com/contents/leszek/Dokumente/Share/lxkeymap_0.5-0ubuntu1_all.deb?dl=1
>
> If you notice any bugs then report them here:
> http://launchpad.net/lxkeymap
>
> Also I guess there is a bug in lxdm, because changing the keyboard
> layout in the session and logging out to lxdm does not restore the
> global keymap but uses the one choosen in the session.
> This could be also fixed by simply calling "lxkeymap -a" from within
> lxdm but as lxkeymap uses only a local configuration it would then
> create and use the root accounts .config/lxkeymap.cfg file. So you need
> to create this first by executing lxkeymap as root if you want to have a
> different keymap globally+lxdm and your user accounts.

Best Regards,

*A.J
amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Blog <http://amjjawad.wordpress.com> | My Wiki
Page<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>| My
Launchpad <https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> | My Ubuntu Forum
Profile<http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*~ My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words || ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short** ~ *