Re: [12.04] Firefox instead of Chromium?

Keep Chromium. Users, as always, can install Firefox whenever they want.

Firefox is my no.1 browser but I must have them both. I run both of them at
the same time (FF and Chromium).
Let's keep in mind that Chromium is lighter than Firefox. After all,
Lubuntu is a lightweight distribution so please keep it as it's :)

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 6:47 PM, A. Andjelkovic <andjelkovic@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I wanted to bring up the discussion about replacing Chromium with Firefox
> in 12.04.
> I'm not sure if this was discussed on UDS, but in my opinion, this is
> worth looking into.
>
> Firefox has reduced it's memory usage dramatically, and I'm currently
> trying out Firefox 7 as a replacement.
> I do not have detailed memory benchmarks (yet!), but I will definitely do
> some benchmarks in the near future.
> However, I'm pretty sure Firefox has better (lower) memory usage when
> having several tabs open (more than 3).
>
> Other reasons to switch:
> GTK3
> Better desktop integration (Chromium themeing is limited and hard to
> include as default)
>
> What do you guys think?

Best Regards,

*A.J
amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Blog <http://amjjawad.wordpress.com> | My Wiki
Page<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>| My
Launchpad <https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> | My Ubuntu Forum
Profile<http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*~ My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words || ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short** ~ *