Re: Lubuntu Software Center News

Hi,

Good to have some news from you :)

I done some testing during the UDS, and the results are not bad :) But I
imagine porting it to Vala + Packagekit will be even better :) I assume
the port to PackageKit is necessary before the Vala one, because I don't
think aptdaemon is available in Vala. Please focus on this one before
breaking the application in the rewrite.
Don't hesitate to publish your work in a separate branch, so people can
test and help you if it's necessary.

I also have some suggestions :
 * Use check-language-support after installing a package, to check if
language package need to be installed. By launching it, it should
display the packages that need to be installed
 * Add a timeout when using the search box, like 0.5s before starting to
display the results. On my system, I just have the time to enter 1
letter, and the CPU is at 100 % because the search started. If I have
the time to enter more letters, my search will be more accurate, and the
CPU will be used only when I need it.
 * Display only 20 (?) results for each view, and add a button "Display
all results". It should reduce the first search, and don't use the CPU
to display hundreds of results.

Let me know if you need more info, or bug reports.