Re: [12.04] Firefox instead of Chromium?

Guys,

I was wondering if someone has noticed that LXTask actually shows +100MB
usage more than System Monitor and Conky so what is going on?
I have System Monitor installed on Lubutnu 11.04 (was testing something)
and Conky as well. While each of System Monitor (GNOME APP) and Conky are
showing the same memory usage, LXTask add *100MB* to that.
Example: System Monitor + Conky shows 287MB while Firefox Loaded with two
tabs. On the other hand, LXTask shows 387MB.

Any idea?

Thanks!

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 5:21 AM, ∅ <maps.backward@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like the idea of a script.. at least for most of it. The one bugaboo
> will be doing start up and shut down tests. Maybe we could use an
> appropriate signal? I'm not sure which one would be used to cleanly
> shutdown the program, but, for example, with SIGTERM we could do:
>
> kill -n 15 $(pidof firefox)
> kill -n 15 $(pidof chromium-browse)
>
> We need to know what systems these are being run on.
>
> Therefore:
> uname -srov
> lsb_release -a
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
> cat /proc/meminfo
>
> We need to use new/fresh profiles.
>
> So:
> firefox -CreateProfile foo && firefox -P foo <space separated list of URLs
> to be opened in tabs>
> chromium-browser --user-data-dir=foo <space separated list of URLs to be
> opened in tabs>
>
> One problem with this is that Chromium defaults to loading a choice of
> search engines.. so it's not technically "started up."
>
> It IS important we use as many tabs as reasonable. There tends to be a bit
> of diversion in performance between browsers depending on the number of
> tabs opened.
>
> As for getting resource usage, I'm thinking that a good solution would be
> to use proc. Rather than try to follow a moving target (e.g. lxtask),
> something more static might be useful:
> cat /proc/$(pidof firefox)
> cat /proc/$(pidof chromium-browse)
>
> wxl/walter

Best Regards,

*amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> |
My Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words ||** ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short*