Re: Some considerations about the Precise theme

You're right. Dark themes are battery savers, but if they're too dark it
cause fuzzy eyes. Too much light cause eye fatigue. That's why the Oneiric
wall is not as light as older ones, but still "light blue".

And there're lots of reasons to be blue. First is corporative. Second is
usability and eye-friendly (and allows hours and hours of fun :D ).

You can check this:
http://books.google.com/books/about/Art_and_visual_perception.html?id=9RktoatXGQ0C

if you want more reasons about what I'm doing for every pixel I design.
It's not just aesthetics. Design means usability. That's why I like window
and menu shadows, they improve visibility and gives attention to the first
plane on screen.

I know, I know, it's boring. But look, Suse is green. I think it's a
mistake associate green (as leaf or nature colour) with energy efficiency.
You can make black thing and keep efficient. Also, PUD Linux and Vector are
green now. Even some people asked me about including yellow wallpapers
because it's "warm".

You know it cannot fit for everybody. So going more neutral this time, as
neutral as you'll can use any wallpaper and still looking good with
unsaturated (gray) panels and windows.

 <http://lubuntublog.blogspot.com/>  <http://www.lubuntu.net/>